Through an application process, the MUPA grants money to organizations and groups within the university whose activities benefit large numbers of students. The money is used for activities, projects and equipment to enhance the curricular and extracurricular experiences of students. In the 2007-2008 academic year, MUPA approved more than $16,000 in grants.
2008 Grant Recipients
- A Way with Words and Numbers
- Alcohol Responsibility Month
- Caring for Columbia
- Department of Human Development
- Joint Peer Education Council
- Marching Mizzou
- Mizzou After Dark
- MU Counseling Center
- MU Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention Center
- MU Writing Center
- Student Health Advisory Council
MUPA annually recognizes an outstanding community adviser (CA) and peer adviser (PA) for making a positive impact on the lives of MU students.
MUPA recognizes and rewards excellence by providing $100 stipends to each of the 10 Excellence in Education Award winners.